PSYCHOLOGY of coaching
This workshop introduces the fundamental principles of the psychology of coaching. As an introductory workshop it creates an effective and interactive learning environment where coaches immediately involve themselves in the overall learning experience of the total program. The workshop identifies the key principles and attributes of an effective coach within various sporting contexts and identifies the responsibilities of the coach with reference to the personal and athletic developments.
- Understanding of the term psychology and what sport psychology is.
- Discussion on what coaching is.
- Appreciate the key roles of a coach.
- Increased knowledge of what constitutes effective coaching with a variance of contexts.
- Increased understanding of the attributes of effective coaching.
- Key areas of responsibility within sports coaching - coaching efficacy.
- Meet and great
- Introduction to psychology and sports psychology
- What is coaching? (discussion)
- What is the role of a coach?
- Key attributes of effective coaches - profiling exercise
- Coaching efficacy
Theory to Practice
Each individual workshop incorporates several interactive and practical skills elements aimed at reinforcing the theoretical knowledge learned. TRAIN YOUR MIND consistently relates psychological theory to real life applies scenarios believing that this information is most useful when it can be integrated into practical situations.